Thursday, April 30, 2009

HaPpY bIRthDay to...ME!

Okay...so this post took much longer than it should've BUT i had an awesome birthday with the familia and i want to show you how my day went. First, Pehrson brought me breakfast in bed, then he had to go to work and i was told that i can go on a shopping spree and so I did and found some great things! then i picked my hubby up from work and we went on a bike ride along the san clemente trail! beautiful. then my family took me out to dinner to this great thai restaurant...yum!
for the 2 weeks before my birthday Pehrson had this big secret he couldn't tell me about and he was LOVING the fact that i didn't know and was trying SO hard to figure it out! This is an example of what i had to look at...

I could have easily gone in and ruined the surprise...but i was obedient and followed orders. Anyways after dinner we came home and did presents...and FINALLY i was gonna be able to see what in the world this kid has been up to. He gave me a card that said "look in the living room" i run over there and this is what i see...

then this happens...

then this happens...

He got me a longboard and personalized it just for me!! i LOVE IT...its PERFECT!!! Jon helped too..thanks Jon! 
and whats a birthday without a birthday cake? Pehrson created a cake and it was delicious! 

Then naturally we had to take some more pics of the board...we LeSueur's/Hawkley's/Facer's LOVE pictures!
giving MY board its first wax job...this was a big moment

I also got a new wetsuit (thanks mom!) and have been out a couple times and two words "its perfect" thanks Pehrson, Jon, Jill and the rest of my family and friends who called or remembered my on my big day. 23 is gonna be a good year, i can feel it! and what a great way to start it off! 
Pehrson, thanks for being such an awesome husband and making me feel so special on my birthday! I love you SO much and im excited that we get to surf together forever!! =]

9 comments:

Crystal & Brandon said...

oh thats way cute! how nice of p- dog. i love your board too. :)

kylie said...

i am SO JEALOUS. i know it's bad to envy people, but right now, i envy you. my birthday is coming up but i don't predict any surfboards. bummer! but life is good none the less haha. i LOVE it, it is killer cute and so you. you look so freaking happy. ahhhhh love.

j,d and little b said...

cute! I love that board! I want a longboard so bad! Happy Birthday!

Courtney Bartlett Morris said...

KATE!!! I just saw that you have a blog!! YESSSSS

Carrie & Patrick said...

best day of your life! i love your board, i wish we could go out together at turtle bay like we did on my boards first day of life.

melissa said...

i'm so excited to see the new board... shakkah brah!!!

Sara said...

Your husband is the cutest. You too of course. Happpy birthday Kate. Love you.

Megan Hollenback said...

thats a really cool birthday present! im going to hawaii to visit ky for her birthday :) and mine, haha.

Alise said...

KATE! I just found your blog! It is so cute!! I have always wanted to learn to surf ... hopefully I'll be moving your direction in just 1 more year and then I'll have to learn! you look amazing, as always, and sooo happy!!