Wednesday, May 19, 2010

As most of you may already know and for those of you who don't...Guess what...we are going to be parents!

I am about 10 1/2 weeks right now and overall feeling pretty good. I haven't thrown up yet but i have gotten close! I am much more tired. I could seriously sleep all day if i didn't have to go to work. And the times that i get nauseated are when i need to eat but nothing ever looks good. I keep saltine crackers in my purse at all times. =]

So...for journaling reasons here is how it all happened. Pehrson and I decided to go on a bike ride one night and as we were riding around i thought, "hey i haven't had my period in a long time, maybe lets go to the store and get a p-test" I have taken the test a couple months before always having a negative result. But, for some reason this time it just felt different. After looking at the million different types and brands we decided to go with the cheapest one. We brought it home, i did what it said and low and behold there were TWO distinct lines. Pehrson looked at me and i said "no way!" of course i started crying (cause thats what i do) and we were both ecstatic. We looked at that stick for a couple minutes, took some pictures. And thought this is real...
WE are going to bring a child into this world!

We are responsible to teach this person everything and to watch it grow!

Lots of emotions running through my head. But really the most important was that i knew it was right. If you know me well enough you would know that i have always struggled about deciding what career i want to have. I have played around with SO MANY different careers that sound like the perfect one for me but deep down knowing what i really want to do is to be a mom. As cliche as that sounds, its the truth. I think this world needs more mothers. Children need that example in their life as well as a Father. And so many kids don't get that. I am so grateful I got my education cause I know that it will help me in my life forever, and who knows I could still always go back to school if I want. But I have never felt so sure about something in my entire life. (besides getting married of course)

I can't wait for my life to start. To do what I am here on this earth to do and to teach one of Heavenly Fathers children right from wrong. To be the shoulder to cry on, the ears to listen and the voice to give advice. I had the best example you could ever ask for. My mom was and still is my best friend. She will stop anything and put all her attention on me. I just pray that I can be half the mother that she is.

We have seen the little baby twice now and it really is amazing to know that my body is forming another body. I don't know how anyone can't believe in God after going through an experience like this. Hearing the heartbeat and seeing the arms and legs grow is breathtaking.

What a miracle!

We love this baby already so much and it's not even here yet. I don't know how much love one could have for another but i'm pretty sure Pehrson and I are already full of it for this little guy/or girl! We can't wait to be parents and enter into this next chapter. We are SO ready! i think...

And maybe we will get a blonde one...cause i'm pretty sure you can't get much blonder than this...
But you never know... =]

We are SO excited for you baby! Make december 11th come sooner than later!

32 comments:

Alyssa Griffeth said...

AHHHHH! KATE!!!! I couldn't be more thrilled for you! You guys will be wonderful parents! I'm glad you haven't been too sick yet, because it REALLY stinks. I suppose it's fresh in my memory, since at 7 months pregnant, I'm still puking all the time. :)

Keep us posted! Can't wait to see your cute preggo belly pop!

Liese said...

How exciting! Congrats!

Larissa said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! I am so happy for you. You are going to be an amazing mom. :)

Sara said...

CONGRATS!!!! AWESOME!!! LOVE YA!

Unknown said...

We are so happy for you guys. You are going to be the cutest parents...hope everything is going well. I can't wait to talk with you more about all of this!

Bee said...

Congrats Kate! That is so exciting. You both with be the cutest parents...can't wait to see the little one!

Erin said...

congrats to you two! You will make great parents and adorable children!

Poelmans said...

awe, i love those pics of you two when you were kids! i'm so excited to be pregnant buddies w/ you--my third or fourth cousin or whatever. yay! see ya tomorrow!!!

Amy said...

Congratulations you guys!! What a lucky baby!!

Pierina said...

this post is sooo sooo cute!!! i love reading your blog bc you always have something uplifting to say. you are going to be such a great mom!! :)

Courtney Morris said...

Soooo exciting:)
This post is really sweet! Made my day happier after reading it. You are going to have the blondest little babies!!

Kylee said...

We love that you get to enter into this phase of life that we are already in!! You will love being a mother...the most rewarding thing in your life!! We are soooooo happy for you and P!! Congrats!

Megan Hollenback said...

you guys will have the cutest baby ever oh my gosh congrats!!!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Yay! Babies babies everywhere!

Nathan Williams said...

whoa.. congrats guys.

guarantee you'll have good looking kids.

j,d and little b said...

Congrats! you two are going to make really cute blonde babies!!

Leslie Girl said...

WOO HOO!!! Another baby for the LeSueur family!! Congrats!! I still can't believe you are even old enough to be married...let alone be prego!

cindy said...

I have tears in my eyes reading this. It is so beautifully written Kate! And expresses the thoughts so many of us have when we start out on this parenthood journey. It's a beautiful thing and you learn so much about yourself along the way. Thanks for the sweet shout out to me. (That really got the tears flowing, cause, you know...we do that.) You will be a fabulous mom and dad. I KNOW that! I KNOW you were born to do that too! Love all three of you!!!

Lisa said...

KATE!!!! I am so excited for you! You are going to be such a good mom, and your baby is going to be ADORABLE.

So so happy for you and Pehrson.

CHRIS and JENNY. said...

i'm so excited for you guys! you will be great parents! : )

kylie said...

you guys will be the coolest parents of all time. p.s. your header photo is hilarioussssssssss

Andrew and Emily said...

Yea for babies!! congrats. That is sosoo exciting!

Unknown said...

so what if i teared up when reading this..

Shauny said...

Aww yes!!!!!!!!! Our babys are only going to be 1 week apart! Congrats!

Elise said...

CONGRATS! I feel like an idiot writing you on fb when you did this.

Anonymous said...

yay! now we don't have to keep secrets anymore!!! (i hate secrets) I can't wait for little baby hawkley...

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

thrilled!

melissa said...

you make me wanna have a baby.... FOR REAL! i love you guys and can't wait to babysit baby hawkley!

chelse said...

So I found your blog from my friend Rachel Hope... I knew ya in Rexburg forever ago but just wanted to say congrats and also hi since it's been forever and I would feel like a stalker if I didn't. ;) Anyways, hope you're doing good....

remi said...

what. a. dream!

I miss being pregnant, really, even with all the sickness and exhaustion! I miss feeling Smith in my belly and feeling him grow....

that's so exciting Kate! Can't wait to see your pregnant self at Ash's wedding!

McLove said...

Congrats!!! You two will make a gorgeous little blondie!

maeve said...

yay!!!! congrats hawkley's! you are going to amazing parents. cant wait to see the little sweetheart!!