Wednesday, May 11, 2011

what was i thinking...

so I got this picture from my grandparents the other day and it made me laugh. I remember thinking I looked SO cool with my sunflower hat...sunflower shirt...sunflower earrings...and i know i had sunflower shoes but i guess im not wearing them this day. What was I thinking...
I also saw this picture the other day. Me and some of my friends dressed up as barbies in 6th grade. And I love that I wore a blonde wig on my head of blonde hair...what was I thinking?
And i think we all went through this faze but "Spice Girls" how cool were they? I even had a spice girl birthday party...pretty awesome. And I was designated as scary spice because I had army pants...ha...what was I thinking? hahaha girl power!
And one time in college I decided that I wanted to do something different. I have always had my same straight blonde hair, i had never done anything to it before (except i did have 9 perms). But something came over me and I asked a roommate to dye it brown. 1st mistake...we bought the box dye and did it ourselves. I got a brown color and then like 3 days later my hair looked almost green. So I went darker, a shade before black...but my hair was naturally so blonde that it never really stayed. I didn't tell my mom for a couple days and just sent her a picture via email. She thought it was a joke. I wish it was. It was funny because i would get the weirdest looks on campus, i would come up to a group of my friends and start talking to them and they wouldn't really recognize me. One time I was in the library and I heard two girls talking about me and I was right next to them...luckily it was something nice. HA but seriously what was i thinking?
i love this last one of me and annie trying to be supermodels...haha Anyways there are so many times i look back and think wow, what was i thinking. I know at the moment it was probably really cool. But now its just funny and im sure there will be many more moments like this in the future.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha I'm laughing so hard that you wore a wig to be a barbie! It's funny to think our hair was that similar! I could NEVER be that blond...at least know that you look great in either. Not many people can pull that off, just saying...

Lisa said...

Oops that was me ^

Unknown said...

love all the {back in time} pics...I was obsessed with Sunflowers too and will have to show you my outfit. hilarious!

Hawkley Family said...

You look so different with dark hair!!! Wow!

Swaner Family said...

I totally had a sunflower birthday party in like 4th grade or something! Why were they so cool??? Also remember sleeping over at a friend's house and listening to "wanna be" from the spice girls on repeat like a million times! Things were so cool back then :)

kylie said...

i love the "wow what was i thinking" moments. makes life more hilarious.

ALIX said...

I remember when you went brown... and then back to blonde. When you went back to blonde you said, "And now all is right with the world." haha I'm jealous of your natural blonde!

remi said...

personally, I think your brown hair was smokin! there's something to be said for those that can pull off both!

Andrew Clifford Capener said...

I have way too many photos like yours that would never be shown. Haha! I was always Ginger. :)

Andrew Clifford Capener said...

This is Elise not drew haha