Pehrson gave me an "i owe you" card last christmas for a new surf board. Hand-made by my one and only. He bought a blank and it sat in our garage for a few months just waiting patiently till those dang boards were over and Pehrson had a life again. Well during his summer break at night he took a couple of days and shaped this beautiful long board for me. He has always wanted to do this and if i say so myself i think he did a pretty good job.
The board started like this. Just a big piece of foam.
Then the fun part (for me) we painted it.
Then dropped it off at the shop to get glassed.

And about two weeks later...we picked it up!

Isn't she a beauty? I love it. I took it out to San Onofre last friday, just an hour after we picked it up and it worked! It floated and I caught some fun waves. I'm so happy to have a real board again.

The name of the board is Alkali...pehrson and i were brainstorming on what to name it for a while and we really liked the name "salty boards" because everyone likes salt and salt makes everything better. But we looked it up in a thesaurus because we wanted it to sound a little more original and found the word alkali and thought it sounded cool. Kind of random but that's what we choose.
Pehrson had so much fun doing this and now wants to make one for himself. Ha that kid never stops.
Thanks P! You are the BeST!!!!!


9 comments:
What a good guy! And great job on the painting. I love the combo! It's calm and relaxing--unlike some art work people put on their boards.
Love the colors! that is such an awesome present. and seriously Kate, you look awesome.
Wow! That board is beautiful!!! Nice work you two! And I like the name...it sounded Hawaiian to me.
That turned out beautiful!!!!!!! I guess if Pehrson flops as an orthodontist, he can always become a shaper. ha ha
Kate! That board looks awesome! Hope you and pehrson and baby beck are doing awesome! We sure miss you!
we are so surfing with you guys when we come down again! love the board.good job pehrson!
So cool! I really love the colors you chose! Maybe someday I'll learn how to "ride the waves" and Chris can carve me a board. Haha. Some day :)
I am not a surfer but think that is the coolest gift!! What a sweet and thoughtful husband.
kate, that is AWESOME! and it looks so cute! Have fun and what a priceless present!
Lindsay
Post a Comment