Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Oh the looks that I get...

I always have to be doing something, I think I get it from my mom who gets it from her mom, I just can't sit still or be inside too long or I go crazy. So Beck and I go on a lot of adventures. We try to plan something at least everyday, something to get us out of the house, because lets be honest, we both need it. And while we are out and about I get constant looks and stares and glares and questions. There is no denying that I am pregnant...boy am I pregnant! I am carrying this little girl straight out. And I am huge! Really I am. 

I had a little boy at the beach come up to me and say, "what are you hiding under your shirt? Is it a beach ball?"
Last sunday an older man came up and said, "I hope you are putting on some oil and lotion because by the looks of it you are gonna have some major stretch marks!" (um...thanks? and too late already have them!) 
The  nicest one I got was from one of my young women, "you look like you have a celebrity pregnancy, just a round basketball." 
I was at REI and from across the huge store i heard the cashier say, "WOW you're pregnant!" Then the whole store turned around and looked at me. I nodded and said, "yep...I am!"

I was picking up Pehrson from an Ayuda Clinic and one of the doctors came up to me and said,"I didn't even know you guys were expecting?" I said, "expecting what?" his face turned white and he was silent for a second and then I started laughing, it is every persons nightmare to ask a women if they are pregnant when they aren't (trust me...i know!)

And of course. Everyone wants to tell me their thoughts. "Any day now right?" "you are totally having a boy, i can tell by the way you are carrying!" "You shouldn't hold your boy, thats bad for your body, go home and just lie down." "you shouldn't walk up those stairs." "WAIT...how far apart will they be?" "You shouldn't wear flip-flops when you're pregnant! thats dangerous." 

And my favorite...."you are gonna have your hands full!"

People are so funnny. My doctor and I have some good laughs about what people say. And she said to me, "I don't know why but some women treat pregnancy like a disease." If you are having a healthy pregnancy you can still live your life. You don't have to stay glued to the couch 24/7. 

My favorite are the stares I get. ESPECIALLY when I am with Pehrson. I know we look young. But you can just tell by some of the looks I get that people are judging us like crazy. First they see my belly, then they look at my face, then at Pehrson and then at Beck and then back to my belly. It's pretty awesome. I'm sure they are thinking 18 year old high school drop outs! By the nasty disapproving looks I get. Sometimes I just want to wear a shirt that says, "I'm 26, he's 28, I have my degree, he is almost done with dental school, we are responsible...thanks!" 

I am SO ready to meet this little girl. I can't wait to see what a girl version of Beck will look like. Its funny how I just can't imagine it yet. When I see a baby I just see Beck. I wonder if she will come out with red hair too. Or if it will be black like mine was. She moves ALL the time!! And things are getting a little more awkward and uncomfortable. Bending over is a joke and sleeping has been a challenge lately. I have to pee like 3 times a night and I get so so hot! But I can't complain life has been good. And it has been SO fun spending come quality time with just Beck, no managing or babysitting to get in the way. We wake up and do what we want and I am just savoring every second cause I know life will change here in about a month. 

We still don't have a name decided, I just can't pick one until I meet her. We have about 3 in mind. And I like them all equally, so hopefully we get some inspiration when the time comes. (but i have had 2 or 3 dreams of never naming this little girl and her whole life she never had a name. SAD!) Pehrson and I just need to choose one. We will let you know.

And I feel like I can't post this without a picture. So instead of a big belly picture here is a cute one of the two men in my life. 

Okay one more...
We went to San Francisco recently...more to come on that fun trip later. 

We can't wait to meet you little girl. Keep on cooking. But if you want to come a little early we are fine with that too! Love You!

6 comments:

melissa said...

hahaha i love that when i read your posts i can just HEAR you! i love that you told me that story of sean's dad.... i laughed soooo hard!

The Castletons said...

Ahh I totally remember what that was like. I was working at Target when I was pregnant with Will so I ALWAYS got comments from shoppers and coworkers. It seems like some people don't have filters when they are around pregnant women :) Good luck with everything! You are so close!!

Lindsay Rondo said...

so excited for you Kate! People are so weird. Beck is lucky to have such a fun mom! And I bet you look awesome. :)

Courtney Morris said...

love this post :) So excited to see that little girl of yours.

cindy said...

This is such a great post Kate. I am glad you put all these thoughts together. Those photos are adorable. Love the one of B looking up. So cute!

lindsey said...

haha. People are funny. I had a guy ask me if I was trying to be the next "octo-mom"...that didnt make me too happy. Ha!

You really are adorable pregnant and your baby girl will be so precious!