Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Real Mom Moment

I had a moment the other day that I have to document. Warning: this post talks about feces so if you can't handle that, then stop reading now. 

But it was a friday morning and Beck woke up at his normal time of 6:00 am. He usually wakes up with a very full diaper so naturally that is the first thing I do every morning. Except trying to change this kid looks like a wrestling match most of the time. I have to chase him around the house and pin him down. But if its just pee (which is 99.9% of the time in the morning) I will take it off while he is running around. But this particular morning he was standing by my couch and I start to take off the diaper and out rolls a piece of poop down the front of my couch. GROSS! So I clean that up and scrub my couch clean.

Meanwhile sweet little Jade is lying on my bed, the poor thing hadn't pooped in 3 days, so she seemed extremely uncomfortable. After I'm done cleaning the couch I hear something in my room I walk in and this girl has had the blow out of all blow outs. Up her back all over my sheets and pillow case...everywhere! So I strip my bed and clean the sheets, throw them in the wash. Give her a bath. 

I bring Jade into her room to dry her off and dress her. Beck decides to go into the bathroom while I'm doing this. We have never had problems with him playing with the toilet but in a matter of 5 minutes he has pulled a bunch of things out of the bathroom trash and thrown them in the the toilet and played with the plunger. I walk into the bathroom and he looks at me like he has created a masterpiece, very proud of himself. He is soaping wet, so I strip him and throw him in the bath tub. Clean out the toilet, scrub the bathroom floors, take out the trash. 

I walk back into the bathroom only to find that my little boy has gone diarrhea. AWESOME! I pull him out of the bath. Drain the tub, clean and scrub like crazy and then bathe Beck again. 

It's about 12:00 at this point and Pehrson got home from school early cause we were heading to our family reunion and says...you ready to go???

I laugh and say, "I have been cleaning poo for the last 5 hours! I haven't even brushed my teeth!" 

It was quite the morning to say the least. So when you hear people say things like, "oh she is Just a mom, she probably gets her nails done everyday and lounges by the pool." I want to reply with this morning and say its not all glitz and glammer. I wouldn't change anything for a second. I love what I do. Cleaning poop. Calming crying babies. Dealing with tantrums. Seeing my body change. It is all worth it! Every single bit of it. 

I just pray that I don't have too many more mornings like this one. 

I am adjusting to two kids, it is work and we all have our moments...ie. these pictures say it all. (please notice beck in the stroller screaming/escaping)

But when we are happy I get double the smiles. double the love. double the sweet moments. 
I love these two more than anything and feel so lucky to have them in my home.

9 comments:

melissa said...

hahahahah worlds best mom! i loved hearing you say "i kept two kids alive today" you are wonderful and admire you so much! love your face.

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Oh my goodness, that's a lot of poop! You have such a good attitude about the whole ordeal :)

tiffharston said...

Wow Kate. Wonderful story. Touched me. I admire moms like you that roll with the punches- or poop- whatever the case may be. :-)

Anonymous said...

This is a great post Kate! I can't imagine how fun and exhausting it is with two little sweet ones. Those top pictures are priceless.

Good thing you are the calmest person I know and can handle anything!

Chelsey said...

LOVE this post. You are the greatest mom. Caiden's pulled poop out of his diaper and smeared it on his bedding.. so gross cleaning poop from in between your child's fingers.

Bethany Schoneman said...

I love this post Kate! I can totally see pehrson saying "are you ready to go" haha. You are the best mom around! I hope i can be just as wonderful as you when i have a kid!

cindy said...

I love that you put this in print. What a morning you had and you handled it perfectly. Ahhh...this too shall pass. You are a great little mommy!!!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

I love your perspective Kate and all your sweet words. You are a great mom and set a great example. Those are some lucky kids:)

lindsey said...

Adorable kids! Just so cute! Great mom story too:)