Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hawaii

Hawaii (insert big sigh) Where do I even begin? 
THIS PLACE has SO many memories. We found some super cheap tickets and called some friends and took Pehrson's summer break/birthday in October. (which in my opinion is one of my favorite times to be in Hawaii. the crowds have died down, the water is still warm and the waves are starting to pick up) We couldn't have asked for a better Vacation. The weather. The people. The food.

Here we go with the pictures again....you know me, I take A LOT!!

The plane ride wasn't too bad. Beck watched Curious George about 3 times and wouldn't sleep. And Jade pretty much slept the whole time. Can't complain.
We stayed on the Point in Laie with the Raynors. They were the best hosts! Taking in 7 people for a week without complaint. Love them like family.
We explored the beautiful Laie Temple. 
Monday we started to get our beach on.....LOOK AT THAT WATER! I mean seriously! Beck was in heaven, well we all were. 








 
We went to Ted's Bakery like 3 times......could've had it every day.
Played in the water at Pipe.
There is nothing like this sand....So pretty.
Ate some Matsamotos and Thai food at Haleiwa Eats. Beck missed out.
Then watched the sunset, while the boys surfed at Rocky Point.

The next day we meet up with the Facers at Waikiki (who happened to be there the same time as us visiting Jon's brother and his family) These cute cousins love each other.
We rented some long boards and surfed with turtles.
Jon&Jill left the next day. But so glad we got to meet up with them for a little bit.
The next day was Pehrson's birthday. We surfed. We skated. We snorkeled. We beached it. We ate donuts and had a BBQ at the beach with friends.....Whatever Birthday boy wants. Birthday boy gets.

And got some haupia pie in the face. Perfect day.

While the boys were surfing in the morning we meet up with the Laie Mama's at alligator ponds. It was heavenly.


We surfed V-land (the spot Pehrson proposed to me) and had the place to ourselves.


Then decided to spend the day in Kailua. At Lanikai beach. It was like a postcard.

Then did a quick hike called Pill Boxes in Kailua.
 We went running on the awesome new trail from Laie to Kahuku. 
Watched the huge waves.
 Played in the awesome sand.
 Hung out with my little people.

Beck made a TON of new friends. (as a mom you always hope your kids will be friends with your friends kids and this week it happened. He is such a social little boy, loves being around people)
And Jade&Merrick are going to get married someday!
We jumped off some rocks
 Hiked Stairway to Heaven.
And then later that night we had to be evacuated for the Tsunami warning. It was a little scary at first. But we just went to high grounds and fell asleep under the stars. Jade was in the trunk.
 We also got to celebrate this guys birthday. Best buds for 14 years.
 And then we did a little trip down memory lane. This is the view that P had every single day for 3 1/2 years. NBD.
 When we were dating I walked down this path SO many times.
I have only ever lived on the Point in Hawaii. Same as Pehrson. This is the street it all started for us. And on the first day my little family walked down the street together and of course I had a moment. I may have shed a little tear. I truly LOVE this place with all my heart!! It just feels so right.

 We had such a great trip and loved going with the Gardners. (they meet out there too) I think we are going to have to make this happen more often. 

And to finish this post with a funny story. When we were landing in LA and everyone on the plane was quiet Jade has a major blowout and the guy next to me instantly plugs his nose. I was dying. Too funny!!!!

Aloha'oe Hawaii........Until we meet again!!!

10 comments:

cindy said...

Loved all of this. Can't even begin to pick a favorite pic. Love that you walked down memory lane and shed a tear of gratitude for where your life is now.

Amber said...

That makes me miss it so much as well! I remember when you and P first met before you started dating. Such great times!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, precious little family and BEautiful beachy photos!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Wow what a vacation! All of those pictures look like you had so much fun! We've only been to Hawaii once but we both think it was our favorite vacation ever! There's something about Hawaii :)

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

I loved all the pictures and I love that you guys are Hawaii lovers as well. I'm so bummed we missed you guys at Lanikai, it was a crazy day. Next time for sure, cause I know there will be a next time:) You guys are the cutest, love following your life

Sara said...

i loved all the pics!!
Beck loves Jade, it makes me jealous! my evil little guy that hates his sister!!!

Unknown said...

I love your family. Looks like you guys had the best time! You are SO tan!! Still can't get over that pic of P & B underwater. So impressed with B's lung capacity and perfect calm face.

Lindsay Rondo said...

Kate the trip looked amazing!!! what beautiful pictures!

Miriam said...

Great pics! What a fun trip :)

abo-bder said...



شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض