Here is Ace's birth story....
August 5th was the anticipated day for Ace to come. But with my past history I should've known better. The day came and went and there was still no baby. I did a lot of walking and moving around to try and start this labor. After two days of contracting pretty regularly it started to get more intense on Sunday night. My contractions were about 2 minutes apart and we decided it was time to pack up the car and head to the hospital. My parents came over to watch the kids. We got to the hospital and again my contractions were 2-3 minutes apart. I was dilated to a 4 and was addmitted aroud 1:00 am. They gave me a tiny bit of pitocin to keep my contractions close together. Around 7:00 am my doctor came in and said that I was a 7 maybe 8 but that he wanted me to wait until he was done with another surgery to brake my water cause he knew that once he broke my water it would be quick. That was the hardest part for me. I was just waiting for my doctor to finish. I was pretty comfortable still. Contracting every 3 minutes for about 2 hours. He came back, broke my water. Then the party really started! I was in full labor. Lots of water coming out of me and lots of pain. I sit on a ball through the contractions, I stood up, I bent over....the pain was getting really intense. I decided to go without the epidural again because I knew my body could handle it. But at this point in labor I am always rethinking my decision. I am a quiet laborer, I have to remind myself to just breathe through each contraction and to focus on something else (usually its the prize at the end and seeing that sweet new baby). About an hour after he broke my water I knew the baby was near. I got on the bed and said that I needed to push cause he was coming. The doctor asked Pehrson if he wanted to deliver the baby. Of course he did! So he put on some gloves and in one contraction I started to push. I pushed two times and out he came. The moment that we had been waiting for for the last 10 months. My prize! A beautiful healthy little guy came out and Pehrson placed him right on my belly. The tears came streaming down my face and I literally could not have been more excited and relieved at the same time. I did it! I had accomplished a goal that I made for myself and had all of my babies naturally. I have never been more grateful for a healthy body and for 4 beautiful children that I get to hang out with everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment