The only downfall...is that I'm just a seasonal photographer. SO i'll be shooting from now until the middle of november. So i'm still looking for a more long term job. But, until then you will find me taking pictures of all the elementary/middle school kids around the LA area. Some places may be a little sketchy, but I'm sure i'll have some really good stories for you. Ha so stay posted. I also got a job as an aerobics instructor...

I will be teaching at LA fitness a couple times a week. I'm pretty excited and maybe a little nervous. But, I can do it. I'll be teaching Body Works (its a weights class) and then step (totally 80s, but people still do it) ha wish me luck. Hope all is going well with you!
14 comments:
yeah!! congrats!! practice your goofy faces so you can take the picture mid-laugh. ha.
bahahaha i like it
tee hee! I love step Aerobics so 80s but kicks your butt. I took a class at byui to learn how to be an instructor. I tought a few times and was super nervous. but loved it! good luck!
I used to work for Lifetouch in Sacramento 2 years ago! That's exciting Kate! You'll learn a lot about studio lighting, it's pretty interesting!
Please please wear a spandex 80's suit to your first day of instructing. Or at least take some pictures.
Oh my goodness! I want to come to your class sooo bad!!! You'll be awesome at that!
ok. i am no joke laughing out loud right now.. that picture is killing me. i know cindy has got to have some killer 80s spandex.
kate that is awesome!! Im so happy for you. Step is so hardcore! I used to to that class at 24 Hour and it kicked my booty. You will be perfect for it!
Hi Kate...I was kinda blog stalking and saw this post. I used to work for LA Fitness and I hope they have changed..but if not- make sure you keep detailed records of the hours you work. Helping people work out and feel good about themselves is a blast- but the company is a pain in the butt to get accurate pay checks from. Their system was all whacked out and I had to take them to court to get my pay...not to mention sexual harrassment to the max. Just take care of yourself and document your classes taught throuroughly so you can prove yourself if you have to. On the up side- enjoy teaching aerobics. That sounds like a blast!
I can't stop staring at those adorable little toddler photos of both of you. I can just visualize a bunch of little toe heads running around with big bright smiles. Congrats on the job situation working out. Love you.
PS Tell Melissa...she is right. I have major 80's spandex, all the bright hot colors, cut off t-shirts with spin art paint on them, coordinating leg warmers, headbands, french cut leotards, and high top sneakers. You are going to look amazing! Ha ha. Love you Melissa. Miss you too!!!
PS Jane Fonda was a major anorexic at the height of her exercise video tape career. Who knew???
congrats on the jobs! I love the pictures of you two cuties and i can't wait to hear the funny stories to come from lifetouch! haha....
And I wish i could come to your class because I bet it will be awesome! I LOVE step!! It's so much fun. And I agree with Chelsey, wear the spandex leotard. Maybe the thong spandex leotard with the spandex bike shorts underneath.
That's awesome! I would totally go to your classes if I was there! I think you should wear a leotard just like that one too! You'll love it.
hhahahahah!!!!!!!!! i love cindy sooo much! miss you too!
Hiya Kate! Just found your blog. Love the pictures on the side leading up to Happiness. So cute. Congrats on the jobs! I'm still hunting. It's a lot harder to find a job than I thought it would be. They're not kidding about the 12% unemployment are they? It sure is going to be an adventure taking all those pics of kids! Good luck :)
Post a Comment