Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hollywood

It's kind of amazing to think that when people who live in another country think about the United States, they think of Hollywood or New York. When really most of the US is open country with lots of land and fresh air. We took a hike the other day up to the hollywood sign and got to the top and looked down on this HUGE city with its HUGE buildings and its huge layer of smog. HA and it reminded of a time when I lived in a cabin in the middle of the Teton mountains for 2 months with no buildings, no T.V. (not that i watch it anyways) barely any cell phone service. Just a bed, clean air, lots of stars and 29 other students with me. It made me think about whats important in life. And depending on where you live affects your lifestyle. When i lived in Idaho I lived in the true country where I had to drive in snow and wear lots of layers and live miles and miles away from the ocean. But, i survived and to be honest, I LOVED it! When i first got my acceptance to idaho...i cried...and I cried the entire way up there. (no joke, ask my parents) Idaho was the LAST place I wanted to go. Away from my friends, away from my family away from "my World" I said that i would only be there for a year...then 2 and then I loved it so much i wanted to stay all 4. It was probably the biggest growing point of my life, I learned so much about myself and I knew I was there for a reason. I'll probably never live there again, but it was definitely a time that i will never forget.
Then HAWAII...I don't even know where to begin! My love for hawaii is endless. When i first moved out there in 2006 it was love at first sight. I took some classes and got an amazing tan. And when it was time to leave, i was sad. But, 2 years later I knew i was supposed to go back to hawaii and GOOD thing I did. Everything about hawaii is beautiful/perfect. The people, the scenery, the LIFESTYLE. I would give anything to be back there. You don't have a lot (like, stores and stuff) really close, which i personally loved! You just had everything you needed and if you had an urge to go shopping you only had to travel an hour to the other side of the island. BUT, true talent comes from hawaii and they are raised that way. Just naturally talented and beautiful at every sport. I would love to raise my kids there (for a while). Hawaii is how life should be. Simple. Peaceful. Happy.
LOS ANGELES...has been my home for 2 1/2 months now. It is way different then I thought and much different then Orange County. what's so different you ask? well, the people, the lifestyle, THE TRAFFIC, the city. People seem to always be in a hurry around here. They get mad super fast (especially when driving) and are very materialistic. Don't get me wrong, I am really liking it here, it's definitely a change. I just wish that life could be more simplistic. And LA definitely has it's beauties. We live by millions of trees and you can hear the birds chirping all the time. We live kind of close to the ocean and we are here together. I can live anywhere in this world as long as i'm with my one and only. LA has been an adventure and we are excited to see what happens here. Some pics from our hike...
Heavenly Father is the BEST artist! He created such a beautiful world for us to live on. I don't know how it can get better.

10 comments:

kylie said...

sooo cute. idaho + hawaii. love at first sight i agree.

Courtney Bartlett Morris said...

I love this post. couldn't have said anything better myself:)

I remember crying when I got into BYU-I.. crying when my parents dropped me off at my apartment.. and then loving every moment after that. Heavenly Father works in such funny ways sometimes.

melissa said...

oh my gosh. i love this post so much. i agree with EVERYTHING! :)

CHRIS and JENNY. said...

you are awesome Kate. : ) what a great post : )

Sara said...

I loooove this post. it is so perfect. the last sentence is awesome. He is such an amazing artist. Dude- i didn't know the hollywood sign was like plywood on a fence. I'm glad you posted the picture. you two are gorgeous. hope you are doing well. love you.

cindy said...

I love all your posts!!! You two are so adorable together. I love your insights.

Kylee said...

loved all the stories with each picture... so cute!! you two are so cute together.. love ya sis!!

Anonymous said...

We miss you guys...can't wait to see you at Christmas! have we even told you we're gonna see you then? well we are:) yay!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

You guys have lived everywhere! I'm so jealous. Love your pictures from the Hollywood hike - hope you got up there easier than when Chris and I tried!

Jared Zane said...

Hey! I love your blog..and I definitely agree with you on your perspectives! Great pictures!!!!!