Friday, April 23, 2010

BRAGspot.com

I usually don't do this. But, I am mostly just keeping this for records and well....to let my good friends and family know how grateful I am for a man named Pehrson Hawkley!!!

So last friday P left for Panama (he is doing a free dental clinic for some villages in panama with USC. I'm sure there will be a blog about it) But, before he left he took me out to dinner and down to the beach, he handed me a note and said that I couldn't open up until monday (the 19th). So finally monday came and I opened it right when I woke up. It was a sweet note that led me to a present that was taped under our table.
It's an ipod holder for when I run. Something he thought of on his own and totally something that I needed. And at the end of that letter it told me where the letter would be the next day. So I woke up on tuesday and found the letter and it told me to look inside a leg of his wetsuit. And this is what i found...
I mentioned i wanted these like FOREVER ago...shows that he listens! Then on wednesday I found a note that led me to another hiding spot where I found some new scriptures with my name on it.
I got the Bible on wednesday and on my actual bday I got the Book of Mormon. And my favorite part about this gift is that he typed up my P.B. (in scripture format) and put it inside. Also, on my actual birthday I got a letter that said, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, if i was there I would have made you breakfast, but i got it started for you..." I looked in the fridge and he had made some waffle batter, that is so good, and wrapped the bowl. And in the crockpot there was some boysenberry syrup. How i didn't see that earlier, i have no idea. But it was perfect. I was told to cook the waffle, put a candle in it, take a picture of myself, and then look on photo booth and low and behold...there my husband was singing me happy birthday.

Here are all the awesome letters from him...
I mean seriously where did i find this guy? He is the best in the world. Thanks for making me feel so special Pehrson. (i better start planning for october...geez how can i even compete with that)

ALSO, a big thanks to all my friends and family for the phone calls and messages. Those mean more to me than you know! 24 is going to be a good year, i can feel it!

15 comments:

Jenna Morrison Clark said...

oh.my.gosh. i am dying slash almost crying because that is THE CUTEST thing i have ever heard. you both scored in the spouse department. happy birthday!

cindy said...

Wow...I know you told me along the way about this but I missed the waffle/syrup breakfast and the singing video. I gotta see that one. Pehrson is one amazing guy and hubby!!! You are so lucky. And yeah...good luck topping that one!! We love you P!

PS I love the photo of the yellow vans...is that the patio??? Very creative Katie Lou!

jill said...

what a guy. what a guy.

...a birthday to remember. :)

jill said...

i mean...

what a man, what a man,

what a mighty good man...

....say it again now...

Unknown said...

k. So cute...any girl would die for that and it is definitely worth bragging about!

Megan Hollenback said...

WOW what an absolute sweetheart! love it!

McLove said...

That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard. Wowza Kate. Happy bday!!

Kylee said...

ok seriously?!! wow........Kyle needs to take notes from P.....what an amazing birthday!! kate...i had to read this post like 10 times cause it was so sweet!!

HeaTheR & ChRiS said...

That is so cute!! :)

CHRIS and JENNY. said...

ok....that's the cutest! Go Pehrson : ) happy birthday girl!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Happy birthday Kate! Hope you're enjoying your break in Hawaii!

And can I have those yellow shoes please? Thanks :)

Tabby Grey said...

Kate, I wondered when you married Pehrson if you knew just how special he was! He has always been such a good boy. We love you both! He is very lucky he has you, too.

Aunt Edee

Lisa said...

Happy birthday Kate!

I am so glad you found such a darling husband to spoil you!

Courtney Bartlett Morris said...

this is so cute!! You totally have bragging rights for this.

Unknown said...

100 points for pehrson