It's true...we did it! And it was awesome. This was my first race and it definitely won't be my last. Last saturday us 5 girls left South Pasadena at 5 am. Not really knowing what we were about to get ourselves into. The race started at 7 am in Augora Hills. We started running with about 1300 other people. I was feeling good. We ran about 2 miles on road up to a trail and for the next 8 miles we ran on a rocky, dirt trail up the side of a mountain. Sometimes the trails were very narrow and there were tons of people in front and back of you, so you couldn't stop cause you would slow everyone else down. (Which was good cause it made you keep going) I had an ipod and just ran to some music. Every two or so miles people were passing out water and cheering you on! it was a blast. The last 3 miles were on road again and that was the longest part of the race, cause you are SO close...but still so far. I made it though! and my time was 2:14. Better than i thought it would be and for my first race (uphill) not to shabby. I averaged a 10 minute mile. So now that i got my feel i want more! And I couldn't have done it without these awesome girls. (who all did amazing!)


(Running pictures really aren't the most flattering, but just wanted to give you an idea.)
What's next you ask...well on april 10th i'm doing a sprint triathlon and then in june the plan is to do another half-marathon (but it's all downhill and pretty cheap) so hopefully that all works out. This was so much fun! I think everyone should do one in their lifetime. It is very rewarding.
4 comments:
You're amazing!! That is one of my goals too, and I'm still working on it! Thanks for the motivation!!
That is so cool! I am thinking about doing a half-marathon in August. Do you do anything to train?
You are awesome! way to go ladies! : )
Kate... you are amazing! Running a half marathon is one of my goals for the year, but it is kind of intimidating!
Also, I am feeling so bad. I didn't send you and Pehrson a wedding invitation. Obviously I would love to see you, our open house is on May first in Coto. Your parents and Jilly have the details, and again, sorry I am so spacey and forgot to send one to you in Pasadena.
Hope you are doing well.
Love you!
Post a Comment