Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Good ol' Utah

Ryan Hawkley, got his mission call a couple weeks ago, He is going to Brazil (i can't remember which one) but he is very excited and SO ARE WE! I love knowing people on their missions, I love getting there inspiring letters every week. I think missionary work has got to be one of the most fulfilling things you can do in life. I haven't been on a mission..YET! But i know my day will come and i won't have any problems with my companion. =] Since we don't get to see Pehrson's family as much as we wished we decided to make the journey up to utah. And it was so much fun seeing them and taking a little break together. We drove up wednesday night and made it to Cedar City, we slept in our car in a hotel parking lot. Woke up to deer all around us and then drove to provo. I got a facial from my wonderful sister (sorry no pic). Pehrson relived some old memories and stopped at the provo skate park.
Love these pictures...i married a stud!
then meet up with the fam. Ryan decided to go through the draper temple. Man, what a choice, there are like a million temples in utah, and i am so glad he did. It was beautiful and everyone was so happy.
Then on friday we all went snowboarding/skiing at Brighton. It was fun! I had never been there and the weather was crazy. It would snow super hard while we were on the lifts and then be sunny on the way down the mountain. Couldn't ask for anything more...right?
Saturday part of the family took off and started their drive home. While the boys and I went to provo. We saw the happy engaged couple Annie and Jason (LOVE THEM), hung out with some of Pehrson's old friends, went to Ryan and Tysons soccer game, meet up with another on of my favorite couples Jessie and Dane Holmes at the V-ball game BYU vs. USC. We tried to represent with some USC colors, but unfortunately we lost. Next time boys, next time. (but to be honest i couldn't even tell you the score cause j and i were talking so much) I love having a friend that i've known for so long and have been through way too much with! Then we hung out with some more awesome people i've known forever. We drove down to St. George and stayed at Pehrson Aunt's house. We love them too. they are always so welcoming. Then drove the rest of the way home the next morning.

It was a quick trip. But, we loved seeing family and old faces. And luckily the weather was nice to us warm-blooded california folks. Congrats again Ryan. Can't wait to start getting those letters every week. (emails are fine to)

No comments: