Pehrson is a really simple guy, it doesn't take much to make him happy. All he really needs in life are some waves, the sun and good food. So this weekend I picked him up from school on friday and we headed to the beach. The waves weren't huge, but he still had fun. I brought some food and my camera and watched my man as the sun warmed my face. The weather couldn't have been better. It had been raining that whole week and even on friday morning but as we drove to the beach the clouds separated and the sun was warm. Heavenly Father knew we needed the sun for a couple of hours. We had the beach practically to ourselves...and of course some dolphins.
I packed our bikes in our car and once P was done surfing, we rode those bikes along the santa monica board walk. Down to Venice beach and along the Pier. Had some hot chocolate and headed home. There are some interesting people down there. GREAT people watching!!!
I got him the game Bocce Ball...here he is looking VERY excited about it!
Saturday P had to go to a dental clinic that he does once a month so he left early and was gone for most of the day. And then once he came home we drove to Downtown Disney and meet up with mi familia. We decided to eat at the Rainforest Cafe. I hadn't been there forever and thought it would be fun for a birthday. Funny part is that the table next to us was celebrating a birthday too. Except he was turning 7 and my husband was turning 27. He's a kid at heart!


Birthday Boy!!


Then on Sunday (his official birthday) I made him a very healthy breakfast of monkey bread. (SO good! and SO fatting! but calories don't count on your birthday right?) We had a pretty mellow sunday. Talked to family. Went to church. Made some more treats, went to the park and played Bocce Ball and Just hung out the two of us. (it won't be the 2 of us for much longer)
I hope you had a great weekend Love! Happy 27th!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday ... I went to Rain Forest Cafe with mi familia for my 27th birthday, right before we had Macady :0) Love the bikes and beach letters pic!
pehrson, we're old, but younger every day.
Glad you had a sweet ol birthday.
Love the surf photo with the dolphins and the bird flying above. Soo classic California. And the cool "beach" wall that you have your bikes in front of...very creative.
my mouth watered when you said monkey bread. i think i will make some this sunday. you are a genius. and a gorgeous one at that. i hope you have like 10 or 20 kids cause you look absolutley amazing. Oh and Happy Birthday Pehrson!
Post a Comment