Monday, December 13, 2010

the room...

Well it's december 13th...baby was supposed to come december 11th. I have been dilated to a 4 and 90% effaced and having contractions on and off for more than a week now. He is just taking his sweet time. Which is totally fine. I want him to be ready and hopefully for making me wait so long he will bless his mom with an easy delivery. =]

Even though we are SUPER anxious to meet him and hold him we have been having a lot of fun just P and I. He finished his finals and I finished working last week. So we have been able to just hang out and get things done. We go on LOTS of walks! (Pehrson said to me the other day he hasn't done this much walking since his mission ha) The other day I went to USC during his last final and walked about 5 miles and went up and down the stadium steps (my legs were on fire for the next couple days) We have been going christmas shopping, went to the movies and getting this little guys room done. We still have a couple things we want to do but here are some pics for now...


Hopefully this week we will be able to post some pictures of our little guy. And stop anticipating his arrival. We have tried all the tricks...(except for the castor oil, don't think i can do that one) deep down I think the baby comes when he comes and all those tricks are wives tales. But if you have one that you really think works let me know!

Hope everyone is getting into the holiday spirit...don't you just love this time of year!

14 comments:

Carrie & Patrick said...

aww your room looks so stinkin cute! i cant wait to meet the little guy in feb!!! you know the day we become legitimate family!!

Lindsay Rondo said...

Kate! what an adorable room!! I bet your little baby can't wait to sleep it it! I am so excited for you guys and yes, I agree that all those are wives tales. Walking is the best but in the end, the baby comes out of the oven when he's done cookin'. Can't wait to hear about the amazing experience and seeing your little one.
I hope everything goes well and I can't wait to meet him!

.From Her. said...

Kate!!! So exciting.

J was three weeks late. I totally understand. I walked all over Laie, up and down that road in front of the temple, hours and hours and hours!! ha ha After J was born, I didn't even want to see that road, because nothing. ever. worked.

One thing though, I felt like I had walked so much, and tried so hard to get him out, that my body was completely exhausted!! My labor was really, really, really long, and much harder than with Hugh. When I was pregnant the second time, I refused to do anything to get him out, and I had a much better deliver, because my body wasn't so wasted :)

LOVE YA GUYS! CAN'T WAIT!!!

Shauny said...

The room is adorable! I love it!!!! He is almost here! And our little one is taking her time too! I havent even had contractions yet...I was in pre-term labor at 23 weeks got steriod shots to keep her in and now she doesnt want to come out haha! like everyone has said they know when their time is. I'm so excited for you and P! you are going to be awesome parents! I cant wait to see the little guy! Good luck with everything!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Love the color on the walls and those stripes! So cute. Here's to hoping he makes his debut TODAY!

Jamie Sefcik || Hello Little Scout said...

Ah The anticipation!! Hope he comes soon, we can't wait to meet him! :)

Erin said...

the room is adorable! I completely agree with you on babies come whenever they feel like it...nothing you do probably really works! good luck!

Jamie said...

The room looks great! So cute. I feel your pain, being overdue is the worst. But you will forget about it the second they place the little man in your arms. i've been thinking about you, can't wait for him to arrive!

Matt and Emily said...

Love that room! So exciting!! He is going to be the cutest kid!

Sara said...

I love the room!!! I keep on checking your FB to see if he has come! His little clothes hanging up are just so cute. He is going to be such a nice Christmas present! Good Luck. Love you

Steph said...

Come on little buddy! We're rooting for you. . .and mom of course...and dad! Good luck tomorrow. You will do great! Ya, I couldn't do the castor oil thing either. Gotta draw the line somewhere :) PS. LOVE the stripes!

chelse said...

Your baby room is super cute! Hope the little guy comes soon!

Kylee said...

I am with ya on just letting the baby come when they are READY and that is why Lily was 8 days late! We love the room-so CUTE!! We can't wait to see you next week and hold that new baby!

Larissa said...

The room looks amazing! I am so excited for you!