Some of you may be totally grossed out by this picture if you have a foot phobia, like me, (i'm making progress) So sorry...But, I just had to document this for myself. See that lovely toe ring on my foot. Well, I got that toe ring at the Sawdust Festival in Laguna Beach when I was in 6th grade. Put it on my toe that day and haven't taken it off since. Half my life I have had this toe ring on. It has become a part of me. I have played millions of soccer games with it, it's been in many different shoes, ran many miles, gone swimming, surfing, biking, snowboarding...every where I went this ring went too. When i hear people talk about toe rings (not that its very often or anything) but I think..."man who wears those anymore, those are so old" and then I remember I have one and have for years. So I told myself and Pehrson that when I get pregnant I will take it off cause I don't want to get swollen and have that ring cut off my circulation. Well I got pregnant and just kept forgetting to take it off. I would remind myself during the day but when I got home at night I would forget again. So 40 weeks later I actually did it. I took it off (mostly because who knows what could happen in the delivery room, I might swell up like a balloon. Hopefully not but you never know) Fortunately I haven't gotten too swollen during pregnancy. (i think the yoga and water aerobics have helped) but I just think it is time to take the ring off. Change is good!

Good-bye toe ring...you have been so good to me through the years. Never once did you annoy me. I'll put you in a special place just in case I have the urge to bring you out again. But it probably won't be for a while.
4 comments:
You can replace the toe ring with a brand spankin' new baby. poor little toe ring.
that is hilarious! i had a sawdust festival toe ring on for probably 10 years before i decided it was time to part. haha! i'm so excited for your little one to arrive-- what an awesome experience you are in for!
Wow...did you really have it on that long. Who knew all those years ago that you would make such a significant purchase that would be such a part of your life. I think its cool that you documented this. It a "story."
I had a similar toe ring experience. Brandon made me take it off when I got pregnant. Actually I made him take it off b/c I wouldn't!
Post a Comment