About 2 weeks ago we were privileged to have a conference with Sister Dalton. (the General YW's President) What an amazing women she is! WOW if only I could speak like her. She is just surrounded by the spirit and you can feel it. On friday afternoon she and a bunch of young women got together and "Ran with Virtue" around the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. It was fun. All the girls were very excited to see her, as were the leaders. Here are some pictures of the event. (thank you Lindsay)



And then on Saturday we went to hear her speak, along with a lady named Diana, who was absolutely hilarious and spiritual. Then there was a special surprise...David Archuleta. He sang some simply primary and hymn songs that we've heard for years but never that good. He is a super talented singer. Funny story, I was feeding Beck on the couch away from everyone on the opposite side of the building (i couldn't find the mothers room) and then all of the sudden David is ushered in. I totally shake his hand while i'm breastfeeding. Haha he and i were both a little awkward. But he was super nice and very short. When he walked in to speak all the 12-18yr old girls screamed. It was awesome. Here is a picture of us meeting her. My mom came up as did my sister-in-law and mother-in-law. They loved it. Don't you think my mom and Sister D look like they could be related?

And Beck did great through the whole thing! He is so awesome!

Something that Sister Dalton said that i liked...(well there were lots) but this one in particular. "Decisions Determine Destiny" I feel like every little decision we make in life leads us somewhere. And even though I've reached some of my goals so far (like being married in the temple) I still need to work at it and make those right choices to be an example to my kids, so they will know how to make the right decisions and hopefully reach their own goals in life. I'm so glad i am a member of this church. It is such a blessing in my life.
5 comments:
What a great opportunity for all of you!
How fun is this. She is my favorite LDS Icon. If there is such a thing.
This is so much fun! Love those pics!
Brad Fallon
So funny you shook his hand while feeding Beck! Haha That looks so fun. I'm in YWs too but we never have anything big like that!!
ahhh! I love diana holscher! my bro and sis lived in their guest quarters when they first got married, and I took one of her firesides with me on my mish. she's awesome. and sister dalton! and david a! how fun!
Post a Comment