Monday, May 16, 2011

5 Months


Aw man this little cutie is 5 months old now. WHAT!?! I think this month he has changed the most so far. He is becoming a little man overnight and it is blowing my mind.
  • As mentioned before...my baby has teeth...TWO teeth on the bottom and guess what...he has learned how to use them! He has bitten me 4 times while feeding, one time bringing me to tears...Moms out there any advice???? I think I might have to call it quits soon. Unless i find a solution, formula is too expensive.
  • He rolls over from back to stomach almost immediately.
  • Had rice cereal for the first time yesterday and seemed to like it. But today he wasn't so sure.
  • Puts everything he can reach in his mouth.
  • Belly laughs a lot! Especially with daddy!
  • Is extremely ticklish.
  • Had his first ear infection. Spent mothers day in the doctors office getting antibiotics.
  • Gave me a reason to celebrate mothers day.
  • Meet mommys college roommates babies.
  • Takes good naps
  • LOVES more than anything bath time and being outside. If he is fussy you just open the door and he is a happy boy again.
  • Had his first babysitter! P and I went on a date and left little B with one of pehrson's friends from school who was asking to babysit. It was a little hard on me. But he did great! she said he didn't cry once. (made mama proud)
  • Has mastered the art of sitting up.
  • Went on a little rode trip and stayed in his first hotel.
  • Had to hang out with just mommy for a week while daddy was in Belize.
  • Made us smile every single day!
And for those of you who know what i mean when i say "Hawkley Abs" well here is Beck working on his, getting ready for swimsuit season. =]

8 comments:

Chelsey said...

For the nursing biting issue try getting a nipole shield. They sell Medela ones at Target and Babies R Us. I would try that before giving up.

Lisa said...

My sister-in-law just used a breast pump. That way the baby was still getting the best milk but anyone could help feed!

jill said...

the ab workout looks awesome. hahaha

Alyssa Griffeth said...

Both of my girls have been HUGE biters...and it's awful! But we stuck through it (sometimes even with a little bleeding!!) and after a few weeks, they eventually stopped doing it. I found that they really do it a lot when they're figuring out what the heck these new teeth are for. But then they get used to them and it stops.

Olivia was actually SO bad that her pediatrician told me to give her a tiny little flick on the cheek just so she would learn that it was not something she should be doing. It KILLED me to do that (and I avoided it at all cost), but it really helped. I would also make a big deal when she did it by saying, "Nooooo Olivia! I love you, but NO BITING!" It's amazing how fast babies will pick up on things.

Hope that helps your sweet little Beck!

Shauny said...

Awww! He is sooo cute! its crazy how fast they change and grow! it blows my mind!

lindsey said...

He's so precious. He has the perfect little baby face!

remi said...

ahhh! the dreaded teeth while nursing!!!

if all else fails, just pump. totally worth still giving him those amazing nutrients and avoiding the bites.

smith man never did it, but he also let go as SOON as he was done. most babies do it out of curiosity after they are done eating and just have this cool thing in their mouth :) so you might have to stop the meal right when he slows down, just release the latch right by sticking your finger between the corner of his mouth and you.

hope that helps?

maybe a little random, but I was just thinking today that I needed a lesueur friend. everyone needs a little lesueur in their lives:)

Whitney or Kevin said...

Hey Kate! Same problem. It's so common! My mom gave me mean but great advice when I went through the same thing. She said yell really loud when they do it! It scares them so bad that they don't do it anymore. It worked with Satchel and I didn't even have to try that hard, you scream anyway!

Just give it a week or two. I'm sure he'll figure it out.