Beck is getting big TOO FAST!!
Moms out there does time ever slow down? Two weeks ago Beck was being super cranky and i couldn't figure out what was going on. Teething didn't even cross my mind because I thought there is no way, he is too little. But the next morning his bottom tooth broke through and then the next day the second bottom one came. Poor guy I didn't numb him up or anything he just stuck through it and was biting on EVERYTHING! I should have taken that as a hint but I'm still learning everyday too.
This picture was really hard to get because he kept wanting to bite my finger. Luckily he hasn't bitten me while feeding yet. But I am getting nervous for that. He is only 4 1/2 months...I want to breastfeed for a while longer but once he figures out what he can do with those teeth I might be cutting it short. ha He is also sitting up like a champ! He LOVES being up and looking around. He does not like to be lying on his back. The world is just so much better when he is up. He is also loving his books. He opens and closes the back page over and over until he realizes he can put it in his mouth. Then he just eats the book

Last night he rolled from his back to his stomach...3 times in a row and when I got him out of bed this morning he was on his belly. He found his feet a couple weeks ago and is so kind to hold them whenever i change his diaper. He puts them straight into his mouth, I wish i was that flexible. Honestly this kid needs to slow down! He is just too much fun and its amazing how much they learn everyday.
On a sad note...Beck doesn't like to sleep in my arms anymore (unless he is really really tired) but at night i used to feed and rock him in my arms until he was asleep and then I would lay him down. But now after he eats he arches his back until I put him down and then he falls asleep. I went up to Pehrson one night (ALMOST in tears) and said this is so sad my baby doesn't want to cuddle with me anymore. He kept reassuring me that this is a good thing. But I don't know how i feel about it. Am i gonna be one of those embarrassing moms? Probably. But he can't know that already. He is too little. Luckily he still likes me to hold him, but when he is tired all he wants is his crib and blankie.
It really is so fun to see his personality shine. He is all smiles. And loves checking things out. If we walk outside he will just stare at everything. Inside to...fans are the coolest!! He has had a pretty bad cough the last couple of days so we have been laying low but those smiles are still coming through. It is sounding better, so hopefully he will be 100% again soon.
It's amazing how much a baby can change your life for the better. I fall in love with this kid more and more everyday and I still can't believe that he is mine...it just feels like i'm babysitting for a really long time. HA With it being mothers day weekend and this being my first mothers day...I am just so happy that I get to spend it with this little boy forever!
Thanks for making me a Mother! It's the greatest thing in the world.
5 comments:
I can't believe he has two teeth already! And sitting up on his own! And doesn't want to be held! He's like a 1 year old trapped in a 4 1/2 month old body! He sure is super cute! Happy 1st Mother's Day :)
What a beautiful post! He's a lucky boy to have a mom and dad who love him sooo much. And...all the other family members.
He is such a champ! Doing so many tricks so soon! And be grateful that he likes to fall asleep on his on. That's awesome!
When Hailey's first teeth came in I had no idea either. She was so cranky and I did not know why! Duh. He is so cute! But the sleeping thing you'll be happy about in the long run. I know it's hard. You are a great mama!
He is a doll! Loved getting to know him.
Post a Comment