Monday, October 31, 2011

halloween

It was a spooky halloween in the Hawkley household this year. When Pehrson was younger and watched the movie Karate Kid he always wanted to dress up like a skeleton. Well every year I always talked him into doing something else. But this year I said we can do whatever he wants so skeletons it was...beck with his scary face on
Us at the trunk or treat...I know we look very creepy...but we had to go all or nothing.
some of the cute kids
fellow skeletons. except they are the much sweeter looking ones. HA (look how cute she made her skelton costume with her little baby inside, very clever)
It was Beck's first halloween and I would say it was a success. Although bittersweet for us, because I haven't been trick or treating for years and we finally have an excuse to go again and get some free candy. But Pehrson and I made a challenge with each other to see if we could go without candy for a year and we are only two months away. So next halloween is going to be just that much better. (i know we're crazy)

And I don't think Beck really understood what was going on but he was happy and loved being outside looking at all the people and the lights. And he sure made one cute little skeleton.
I'm glad we could fulfill Pehrsons dream of being a skeleton and I was actually something scary for once. So until next year...let the planning begin.

4 comments:

cindy said...

I love all of these pictures...so creative!

Courtney Morris said...

So cute. I was going to comment about how hot your body is and now I know why it's so hot! No candy for a year?!? You're amazing. I think i eat candy everyday, ugh.

FlowaPowa said...

so cute! No candy for a year? Wow.... I do not think I would be able to do that much less my husband too. Insane! You go girl! Are cookies allowed? Or ice cream? I think I could go a year without cookies or cupcakes but not ice cream.

melissa said...

NO CANDY FOR A YEAR?!??!!??! I want to be you.