Thursday, April 5, 2012

This little cutie is about 16 months and I think this is my favorite age so far (can I say that!?!) I have loved them all, but he is just too much fun right now. For my personal memory I just want to write down a few things that he is up to these days.
-talking-I didn't really think he was catching on to saying too many words but in the last couple weeks he has been talking up a storm and repeating me really well. Some of his favorite words are: doggie, woof, mama, dada, blankie, birdie, ball, hi, bye, hey, hello, money (when he sees a monkey or any other animal besides a dog) shh (for shoe), boat, more, no, tr (for train), oh wow and oh cool (two of my favorites).
-still loves to be outside.
-AND LOVES BOOKS! this kid brings me books ALL DAY long... and my favorite thing is that he will turn around and come to you backwards so you can put him on your lap.
-is a pretty good eater with everything except for veggies. But he loves a green smoothie. SO we have that a lot.
-I feel like I can have conversations with him and he knows exactly what I am saying even though he isn't really saying anything back to me. "beck want to go to the park?" Beck will shake his head yes and then I say, "okay go get your shoes" walks into his room and then comes back out with them. Smart.
-Is starting to like cartoons and shows. I put on a movie and he sat there for about 30 minutes and I got dinner ready without him wanting up or pulling everything out of the drawers. It was great! I had to keep checking on him to make sure nothing was wrong. But he was glued. haha
-while we are walking around he will put his arms up high, i say "UP" and then he squats down and I say "down" he thinks its hilarious and does it over and over again.
-Makes the best faces ever! His surprised face is my favorite. The best part of our nightly routine (after the bath) is brushing his teeth in the mirror and him making funny faces at himself. I need to record it one of these days.
-he is either super happy and waves and says hi to everyone at the store. Or will just give people the stare down. You never know.
-Is too brave at the park and the beach. He likes to climb everything and go down the biggest slides and he will be in the cold water all day if my feet didn't get numb so fast. haha excited for the water to get warmer.
-Loves trucks, buses, rocks, sticks, cars, balls, dirt. He is all boy!
-Gets excited around other kids. And if he sees a baby he will squat down and stare at it. I think he is getting ready for his sister to come. =]
-loves to squeeze our noses and we say, "honk, honk" and if you ask him where are my eyes beware cause he might just poke them out.
-If he is hungry or tired he gets angry and frustrated. It's pretty funny.
-I got mad at him for the first time the other day. It was a long day I was cleaning our old apartment for our check out and Beck had been good all day I'm sure he was bored out of his mind. But I was hot and sweaty and my back was hurting and I just finished mopping the floors and Beck empties his bag of cheerios on the ground and starts stepping on them. I grabbed his arm and said, "STOP!" really loud. He looked right into my eyes and was shocked!...we both started crying. It was a long day and we were both tired. I just hugged him for a while and then swept up the mess. I really hope I'm not a mean mom. I know there will be times. But I just hope they know that its out of love.
-he loves to hide in the closet and then pop out and "scare" you.
-If we are with a crowd of people (especially family) at dinner or something he likes to be the center of attention and will do something to make you laugh.

He really is just the sweetest little boy. He gives the BEST kisses and hugs and just yesterday I was cleaning up his mess and he started rubbing my back. As if he were saying, "thanks mommy for always cleaning up my mess!" Made it all worth it. I can't wait to see him play with his little sister. 2 more months...
Thanks for always putting a smile on my face Beck. You are the best!

4 comments:

Lindsay Rondo said...

He is so cute Kate! I loved reading all this, it's sounds just like my little Krew man. I love that you both cried after you yelled at him. You are such a sweet mom. And I can't believe you are having another in just 2 months! WOW! I'm so excited for you!

cindy said...

Loved all of this because I can see him doing all these things. He is so precious! And don't worry...I know you will NEVER be a mean mom. Totally impossible because you have never been a mean person.

melissa said...

i am dying!!! i need a beck! i seriously was cry laughing this morning when i saw the naked ghost on instagram hahahahaha!!!

Shauny said...

He is getting so big! I'm so excited for you guys to have another one...a little jealous...but so excited!