Friday, November 8, 2013

Destin, Florida!

We got to Florida July 28th. What a beautiful place to be stationed. We weren't complaining....except for the humidity. So we basically just lived in our swimsuits TWENTY FOUR-SEVEN! But we were okay with that too! Here is what we have been up to...beach, pool, friends, waterparks, paddleboarding, boating, biking, exploring...and did I say the beach? Wow! Some of the prettiest ones I've ever seen. Sand as white as sugar and the water is so clear you can see everything underneath you. Stunningly beautiful! Annnnnd there is some responsibility thrown in there as well. =]

I went a little overboard on the pictures....but I can't help it! (thank you iphone for 99.99% of these)
It's safe to say we are enjoying ourselves! How could we not? I have a feeling that we are going to be so sad when this year is up, we are all falling in love with this place. And with the south. So many genuinely nice people who will go out of their way to help you out. This city sort of reminds us of Hawaii. Small town, one main road, beautiful warm beaches. Just not that many waves and a lot more fishing. But I don't think I will EVER get over the sand here! It's like the fake sand you buy for decorations. And pictures don't do this place justice. You have to see it to believe. SOOO if you are needing a vacation come this way! 

Thanks Florida for welcoming us with open arms and making us feel at home with your beauty! We like you A LOT!