Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Halloween!

Halloween is an obvious favorite. Get dressed up and knock on a strangers door and they give you candy? What more could a kid want? When I first asked Beck what he wanted to be for Halloween he said a super hero. So I ordered some awesome leggings from American Apparel and was going to get some fabric for a cape. But we went to California the beginning of October and Beck found Dane's old Shark costume. After trying it on and having a dance party with his cousins there was no turning back. He told anyone and everyone that he was going to be a shark for Halloween. I think he asked me every day in the month of October (and still likes to remind me) that he is a shark. A "scary shark" so we went with it. I made Jade a little rainbow fish costume. And they were the cutest little sea creations that ever walked the streets. Beck played his part all night. He would walk up to each door and say,"chomp, chomp, chomp!" Then trick or treat and he'd turn around and say okay lets go to the next house! Jade was Miss Independent. She wanted to walk the whole time and wouldn't let anyone hold her heavy candy bucket. Her little legs have never moved so fast in her life. We took a couple candy breaks and these kids crashed when we got home. The best part about it was that it was just our little family. I know these years of our kids wanting to be with us on Halloween night are few so we are soaking it in. These two kept us laughing all night long. 

I mean seriously do they get any cuter...? 
 The night before Halloween we had a trunk or treat at the church. We decided that with an awesome trunk or treat van like this we had to go all out! So we made it into a shark as well. And the best thing about it was that the kids had to go in the van and get their candy. We had three different boxes with two holes cut into each one. One side of the box had the candy and if you choose the wrong one you were putting your hand in either ice, cooked spaghetti (zombie brains), or jello (zombie blood). It was a hit. I have ALWAYS wanted to do this ever since someone did it to me when I was probably 8 or 9. And of course we had to dress up too. (I hope I'm never too old to dress up) we were innocent snorkelers that got attacked by a shark! What a fun night. 
Every night when Beck says his prayers he says, "thank you that we could go trick or treating...." it has made quite the impression on him. Holidays are the BEST with KIDS!! and it is just going to get better. 

Until next year....

2 comments:

Annie said...

seriously, the cutest shark & fishy around. love them so much!!!!! you did such an awesome job on jades costume..of course. little miss becky home-ecky ;)

Megan Hollenback said...

CUTEST FAMILY EVER