Sunday, January 5, 2014

Jade-18 Months

 It has been a long time since I've done an update on my sweet little girl. Our family wouldn't be the same without her. She is truly a gem! Here are a few things this girl has been up to....
1) Everything Beck does she does. 
2) Talks and talks and talks. She will repeat anything you say. Her favorite sayings right now are "I want some!" to anyone who has food (with a big smile on her face) and "Hi Deck!" and while shaking her finger "No, No Daddy!" "Help me!" and her favorite "SPIN! SPIN!"
3) She is our adrenaline junky! Loves to spin, be thrown, jump in the water, skate, bike, scoot, do handstands and get wrestled.
4) She loves to skateboard. And is seriously so good.
5) Loves to give my belly kisses and rub her hand up and down and say soft...soft. And "Hi baby!"
6) Charges any dog she sees! Has no fear and loves them. Our neighbor has two and they are so good to her. 
7) Loves Minnie Mouse...and anything Beck is playing with.
8) Loves to get muddy and dirty and run around in the rain.
9) But also likes to wear all my necklaces and shoes. And say "ooooh la la!"
10) Is a DREAM when it comes to bedtime. She practically begs me every night and nap time. "ni night..." while holding her blankie. I hope the rest of our kids are like that! 
11) Also loves food! Eats whatever you give her. 
12) Has been going to nursery for a couple months now and has never had a problem. She loves it. 
13) Loves to dance....ALL THE TIME!
14) Is always making me laugh and keeping us all on our toes.
15) Loves her brother so much and loves holding his hand. Melts my heart.
16) Loves to help me in the kitchen and see exactly what i'm doing.
17) Also likes to help me get ready in the morning.
18) Has a mullet. One of the best ones I've ever seen. Her hair just doesn't grow on top.
A couple stories I have to write down so I'll never forget. 

  -We went home to California when Annie had Piper. While we were there I was able to take the kids to Disneyland a couple times. Beck loved all the characters and ran up to them no problem. But Jade was much more hesitant. (which surprised me!) All day had gone by and we had seen quite a few characters. The last one we saw was Donald Duck over at California Adventure. Beck and Dane ran up and gave him a big hug and took a picture with him. Jade wouldn't go near him. Just looked. As we were leaving she wiggled out of my arms, made her way back through the crowd of people, walked right up to Donald. Luckily he saw her and gave her a big kiss on the head. She turned around and walked away gleaming! She was so proud of herself that she overcame her fear. 
She is definitely one determined little girl.
  -Another story that I love of Jade was when we were at the park here in Destin. There is this annoying little boy that is ALWAYS there. He is probably Beck's age. And he is such a bully. He spits and pushes and takes everything away from other kids. After a while Beck got really frustrated with him eventually just started to avoid him. Which I thought was very big of him. But Jade on the other hand always kept an eye on him. One time she was digging in the sand and he used her as a step to get on top of the playground, basically face planting her in the sand. She got up so fast went right up to his face and screamed, "NOOOOO!" that boy NEVER bothered her again. And still to this day is afraid of her. She is not a fighter but if someone else starts it she WILL finish it. 
There is nothing I love more than hearing her sweet voice say "Mama!" She is my little buddy. And on the daily Pehrson and I look at her and say, "ah man I love her!" she is just a beautiful girl inside and out. I hope it stays that way! We love having her spirit in our home and feel so lucky to be her parents.
We love you Jadey! SO much!

No comments: