Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Malibu sand hills

We went camping with the Facers and Kimballs up at Point Mugu. We had a great time hanging out and spending time together. We were heading home and we decided to make a stop at the Malibu sand dunes just on the side of the road off PCH. We had a great time sliding down. We were there for a couple hours playing and then decided we should go and get some drinks at 7eleven. Jill had the girls (Jade and Quincy) and we had the boys (Beck and Jade). We started driving south down that windy beautiful drive down the PCH. We were caravanning together. Facers, Hawkleys and then Kimballs. Pehrson asked me if I had seen Jade get into the Facers van. I didn't actually see her get in and so I decided to call Jill. She didn't answer. But then called me back a few minutes later. I asked her if she had Jade. She thought I said Dane. She replied are you serious?!?! Then slammed on her brakes. We slammed on ours I got out and looked back at Annie and said, do you have Jade? We were about 10 minutes away from the hill. We all turned around and sped back to the hill. Like literally we were driving so fast I don't how none of us got in an accident. My thoughts and fears and worries were going from Angry, to scared, to histerical, to there is no way, she is probably there just talking to some people showing them her cute swimsuit. We finally got to the hill, which felt like an eternity to get there, and there was no one there, no cares, no people, no Jade. My body went into shock and I literally lost it. I got out of the car just scanning the area, searching for my little girl. Jill was just running around back and forth the freeway, looking in the water, telling random people. A lifeguard pulled up at some point. Someone drove the other direction looking for the other people that were on the slopes with us. At one point I was bent over on all fours just screaming/crying. I couldn't believe it. I ran over to some people who were working out and I asked them to look for a little girl. She said wait are we looking for a little girl or little boy? I yelled back GIRL! Then I ran back and it was the first time I ran over to Jill. We both looked right at each other and said, "WHAT IS HAPPENING?" How did we lose Jade? She said, What? I HAVE JADE! I thought we were looking for DANE? I said NO I have DANE! Low and behold Dane and Jade were both safely buckled in their car seats. It was just miss communication. I sobbed when I saw her face and she looked at me like what is the matter mom? I have never been more relieved in my life. It was an out of body experience that I hope I never (Or any other person) ever has to go through. 
We went to a beach and all sort of sat in shock about what had just happened. There were so many things that didn't make sense. Like why wouldn't I just text Jill? We feel like we there was a listen that we needed to learn. The next week after this event was my hardest week with Jade. She was so tough. But I noticed I had so much patience with her because I couldn't imagine my life with out her. She truly is such beautiful little girl with a good heart. I'm so happy it was a positive outcome and not some of the things I was imagining in my head. 

And for the record. My sisters and I since then are really good at communicating when it comes swapping kids and who has who. =]

No comments: