Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Is it time yet?

He is SO close but still SO far...

Things I will miss about being pregnant:
  • Feeling this little guy move around like crazy
  • When he gets hiccups at night
  • When I haven't felt him for a little bit cause I'm busy doing something and then I sit down and feel him move, it's like a breath of fresh air.
  • Having a human grow inside me. I still can't believe our bodies are designed to do this.
  • The looks people give me. (some bad...but MOST good)
  • The random conversations I will have with people every single day.
  • The natural notion people have to come up and touch my belly
  • Waiting in line at a public restroom and the ladies in front of my let me go ahead of them. (they must know the feeling)
  • Using my belly as a table. Or a place to set my phone when I'm on speaker. HA
  • Going to the doctors and seeing him move around on the little screen.
Things I will not miss about being pregnant:
  • Waking up a couple times a night to go to the bathroom
  • Sleeping on my "left" side with tons of pillows shoved between my legs
  • Getting charlie horses all over
  • Opening a door or getting up from a table without hitting my belly on something
  • Doing the awkward bend over to pick something up.
  • Moving slowing in and out of the car.
  • Just walking...I can't wait to go running again!!!
  • Not being able to see my feet.
  • Stretchy pants...even though maternity pants have been a lifesaver (if you are pregnant and holding out just because you don't want to buy them i would highly suggest changing your mind...they are amazing!) BUT...I'm really excited to zip or button something up again. I feel like I wear the same things every day.
  • Unfortunately I did get some stretch marks, not horrible but they itch and I am excited to not have that feeling anymore.
  • And I wonder if my belly button will go back to normal?
  • Giving Pehrson a front hug without bending over a little.
That's all I can think of right now...i'm sure there are a million more for each one. But these are the ones on the top of my list. We are just days away. Woohoo! I know i keep saying that in every post but it's true this time. We are almost there. Baby Hawkley is just saying his last good-byes up there. We love you so much little guy. We can't wait to hold you! Now come already. (Preferably thursday afternoon after your daddy's finals are over)

6 comments:

Alyssa Griffeth said...

Not sure if this happens for anyone else, but your post is in a funny, unreadable font....full of symbols! Just thought you'd like to know!

I'm so excited for the arrival of your sweet, new baby!!!! You will be such a wonderful mom! Miss you!

cindy said...

Ha ha! Love this post and love that you took the time to write all your feelings.
(I could read it perfectly...no unreadable font)

Sara said...

Kate I am freaking out and I am not even the one having the baby. I am just waiting and waiting to see when you post about the little man!!! Charlie horses = worse thing ever. I am so so happy for you two (soon to be three) love you. and good luck.

Anonymous said...

Kate I totally agree with Cindy! I'm glad you are documenting this and baby Hawkley is going to love this one day. I can't wait to see a picture of him!

Christa Chamberlin said...

Kate! I am so excited for you! Just a few more days! It's funny because I read your post and can completely relate to just about everything. Can't wait to see pictures of Baby Hawkley! Hope all goes well :)

The Coons Family said...

Totally know how you feel. I couldn't wait to tuck in a button up shirt with a skirt...totally random I know.

Good luck with delivery....it's the best thing e er meeting your new little one!