Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Christmas 2013

Christmas was a lot different this year. It was our first time on our own. I was a little worried about it and kind of excited to spend this time with the ones I love most. Pehrson's schedule didn't really allow him to take off that much time and the tickets to California were insanely overpriced! WOW! We couldn't afford to fly us all out so we made the best of it here. Luckily we have the Reeves family who has sort of adopted us into their family to make it not as lonely. We spent Christmas Eve at there house in Defuniak Springs, FL. A small little town right on this little lake. It was beautiful and their kids are so good with mine. Beck & Jade love hanging out with them and beg to play at their house pretty much every day.
We spent the day paddle boating....

Making some gingerbread houses....

Skating....

playing outside in the yard....all bundled up!
Ate dinner and did the Nativity story....Beck was a shephard and loved every second of it. After that we went to this lake close by and looked at all the Christmas lights. It was cold but we all had a lot of fun and we were so happy and thankful to have a place and people to spend time with on Christmas Eve. 
We also made some sugar cookies with these cuties a few days before Christmas...

Christmas day was a lot of fun! I loved decorating our cute little house and buying our very first real chirstmas tree. Beck's job was to plug in the Christmas tree lights every morning and he thought that was the coolest thing ever. I made a the tree skirt and was so happy with the outcome! And the best part was that I spent less than $20 on it. 
 But that morning the kids woke up and opened their gifts. I realized that I was a real mom this year for Christmas. I could care a less what I was getting for a gift, I was just so excited to see the reactions on my kids faces. I knew pretty much every gift that was under the tree. So nothing was really a surprise but I was totally fine with that. These kiddos had a blast and we spent hours opening gifts cause they wanted to open and play with each thing they got. It was so fun to see it through their eyes. I'd say they were pretty happy!
 And of course my favorite gifts were all right there in the room with me. Here are my three babies on Christmas Sunday. I am so so so lucky to have these cuties in my life. And a wonderful husband to boot!
  I always love the season of Christmas. Helps remind me of the greatness in life. It really is a good life! Love you guys. Hope you had a wonderful year also.

No comments: