Sunday, September 23, 2018

Beck Update

I wanted to get on here and write a quick update on each kid....starting with Beck.

Beck is 7 and will be 8 in a couple months. He is still the peacemaker of the family. He is so loving and kind hearted. He can tell when I am stressed or need help and is always the first one to ask me how he can help. He is adventurous and always up for anything. He got a new surfboard this summer and has been getting better each time he goes. He is also playing soccer on U10 but is only 7. (not by choice, it is because of his birthday) He likes pizza (specifically MOD), pokemon, playing with friends, going to the beach, soccer, mario, jumping on the trampoline and doing good at school.

Here are a few stories i never want to forget about my sweet Beck.

-We tend to hang out with a lot of Boys! There are a lot of boys here and hungtington and poor Jade is such a good sport about it. But we saw a moving truck in our neighborhood and the first thing Beck said was, "I hope it's a girl for Jade!" He saw a little girls bike and came running in to tell Jade that a girl was moving in!

-In first grade Beck liked this girl named Saige. She was very sweet. They passed letters to each other in class and on Valentines Day he wrote her a special note saying that she was beautiful, but on the back of it wrote..."don't tell your friends?" haha they liked each other for a while, gave each other little gifts. But then she got to be a little too touchy. Beck was starting to get annoyed by her because she was always around him. He came home one day and told me that they "broke up" I ask him what he said and of course sweet beck said, "Hey Saige do you mind finding another boyfriend!" ha I seriously love him!

-It was the second to last day of school for Beck (1st) and Jade (K). Jade was out at recess playing hula hoops and she tripped really hard and fell right on her forehead. I got a call from the nurses office saying that Jade was not calming down and that she needed me to come to the school. I had Ace and we got there in a few minutes. We walked in and all her tears started coming again. Because I had arrived and she needed to cry it out with me and Ace (who gave her the bigest hugs ever!) But then I realized that school was almost over and I would just grab Beck on my way out. They called Beck up to the office and when Beck walked in he looked at Jade and imbraced her with all he had. She cried on his shoulder for a solid 5 minutes while Beck held her. The office was dead silent. The nurse and I were both crying. It was the sweetest moment that I will never forget. Jade needed her brother and Beck was there to help her out and just listen to her cry. It was a very proud moment for me.

-Another thing I love about their relationship! They had recess at the same time but the 1st/kinders were seperated by a fence. Whenever Jade is having girl problems or the girls arent playing nice Jade will go over to the fence and have someone get Beck for her. She would tell him that her friends arent making good choices and he would just say, "well Jade, go make some new ones!"

-He just started second grade. It has been an adjustment. Beck's teacher is great, but has been a little faster than his last teacher and just getting back in to the swing of things is hard. One night I could tell that something was going on with him. He was super emotional, and really sad. I asked if I could lay down with him and he really opened up to me. There were a lot of tears, he told me his teacher does things too fast and that he feels stupid that he cant keep up. He even told me, "mom, maybe school is just not my thing!" but what got him the most was this packet that he had to do. He could not figure out how to do this one page, but he was convinced that everyone else figured it out. Beck was so distraught that night and sick to his stomach because he lied to his teacher and said he finished so that he could go to recess. He didn't know what to do. I told him that he should go back to school the next day and tell her the truth! He was so nervous, he wanted me to do it. But I told him that he could do it and that she will understand if you tell her the truth. The next day after school he ran up to me and told me that he figured it out and that he told his teacher and that she was really nice about it! I am so grateful that he has a conscience and was so worried about lieing to his teacher but mostly I am so proud of him that he told the truth and that he worked it out!

I'm sure there are a million things I could say about Beck but mostly how grateful I am to be his mom. He has the best smile and these two little dimples that melt your heart. He listens to his teachers and tries his hardest to always do his best. He knows how to be goofy and have fun, but also knows when to stop. He is a good kid and surprises me a lot the time about the patience and love he shares with his siblings.